98.3 The Dove and Central Missouri Autobody are asking you to take the Distracted Driver Pledge!
On average, national data shows that at least 3,450 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers last year, including those who were texting and driving.
To prevent tragedies due to distracted driving, motorists are urged to:
- Turn off electronic devices and put them out of reach before starting to drive.
- Be good role models for young drivers and set a good example. Talk with your teens about responsible driving.
- Speak up when you are a passenger and your driver uses an electronic device while driving. Offer to make the call for the driver, so his or her full attention stays on the driving task.
- Always wear your seat belt. Seat belts are the best defense against unsafe drivers.
- All pedestrians and bicyclists should focus on their surroundings and not on their electronic device
Facebook Cover photo
Facebook Profile Picture