Check out our employment opportunities below! Candidates for these positions should be hard working, driven to succeed, goal oriented, and a self-starter. You must have a past track record of success, leadership, and achievement. An entrepreneurial spirit would be essential in the success of this position. Creative problem solving abilities are a must.
Check out the available positions below.
Positions Available On Our Team
Click on the desired position to learn more.
Overview: Sell marketing solutions to existing and prospective clients utilizing on air, on line and on location opportunities to help their businesses grow.
The company: IRIS Media serves its customers in mid-Missouri with focus-based messages that deliver results for their clients. With one radio station and three niche magazines and a team of passionate, creative and talented professionals, they customize message development strategies for clients to share with thousands of potential customers through creative and diversified products on air, online and on location. They recruit, develop, empower and retain motivated employees who identify opportunities to create solutions that benefit their customers and the communities they serve. By initiating future growth, professionally and personally, in their associates through leadership training, company-wide openness, strategic innovation and personal ownership, IRIS Media constantly surpasses client expectations. They embrace a family atmosphere, where a healthy work-life balance is supported by an ethical, respectful, fun, safe, trusting and participative culture.
- Maintain work level to achieve 100%+ of monthly and quarterly goals
- Work a minimum of M-F 8-5, plus occasionally attend evening and weekend events
- Meet the weekly required minimum of 15 face-to-face calls with clients & prospects
- Attend all required weekly meetings as shown in personalized plan, both internally and with clients
- Actively prospect (phone and face to face) while servicing and building relationships with existing clients, 70% of your work week will be face-to-face interaction
- Conduct Customer Needs Analysis with clients and prospects to create solutions
- Build customize proposals by researching client industries and companies
- Input orders and production requests in a timely manner
- Collect funds from clients in a timely manner
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
A self-motivated, confident, competitive professional, who has a desire to learn, grow and win while earning a high income in a fun environment, successful candidates should be passionate problem solvers who enjoy and take pride in helping clients grow their business by offering creative solutions.
- A marketing or sales background, with proven success at finding decision makers, and guiding decisions- ideally 5+ years of outside sales experience
- Proven success at negotiation, closing business and new business development
- Proven experience at multi-tasking in a fast paced and changing environment while meeting goals and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written with the ability to present to potential clients, often in a group
- Adaptability in working with and building long term relationships with a variety of businesses
- Ability to utilize strong listening skills, knowledge and curiosity to seek the best solutions for clients
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word
- Proven networking skills with the ability to attend events to improve business relationships
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Professional appearance required
- Able to provide transportation to meet weekly required meetings with valid driver’s license
- Excellent time management skills
- Prefer a 4 year degree in applicable field
- Excellent benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision.
- Vacation accrual from day 1, can earn 3 weeks after 5 years
- 6 paid holidays
- Ongoing training both in group meetings and individual one-on-one support
- Recognition awards
If you are interested in one of the positions listed above, please fill out the application form below and upload your resume and audio samples (if applicable).
"*" indicates required fields
IRIS MEDIA is an equal opportunity employer.